Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #79

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!
 
Legend of the Highland Dragon
 
Summary:
 
The MacAlasdairs are not like other men.

Descendants of an ancient alliance, they live for centuries, shifting between human and dragon forms. Some wander the earth; some keep to their lands in Scotland; and Stephen MacAlasdair, the newest lord of the family, must go to London to settle his father’s business affairs. He brings an object of great power and greater darkness. He finds an enemy from his past, whose wrath is still living and deadly. And he meets an ally he’d never have expected.

1894 London doesn’t provide an easy life for women of the lower class, but Mina Seymour has managed to work herself up to a position as the secretary of a famous scholar. When a tall, dark Scottish stranger demands to see her employer, Mina is irritated; when MacAlasdair’s departure leaves the professor worried, she’s suspicious. Determined to figure out the situation, she investigates further–and finds a world and a man she could never have imagined.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages (Mass Markey Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: December 3rd 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I haven't read an Isabel Cooper romance before but I have heard some excellent things about her writing so when I saw this one with the mix of Scottish warriors and dragons I had to add it to my tbr pile.
 
How to Handle a Highlander (Highlander, #6)
 
Summary:
 
Moira Frazer is betrothed to a man who is old enough to be her father, but it's her duty to her clan to marry him, and she's determined to see this through…until she meets Gahan Sutherland.

Gahan knows this match is designed to start a feud between the clans, which is why he decides to stop the wedding. But when Moira awakens a passion within him that he never knew existed, he realizes that the outcome of this perilous situation will determine the future of his own happiness.

As trust and honor clash with forbidden attraction, manipulations, rivalries, and schemes will threaten to blow the Highlands sky high…
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 352 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: November 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
Mary Wine is another author I haven't read before but have also heard some very good things about. I'm a sucker for a highland historical romance so this is on my must read list.
 
What are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I've read very few scottish historical but in theory I love them! These both look really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOhh you should read more. They can be a bit cliché but kilted men are awesome!

      Delete
  2. OMG, a book with dragon shifters! I must check it out :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those covers! Hmmm;)
    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. UhOhhhh those books definitely looks spicy ;)
    Great pick!

    http://spicedlatte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those cover, so sexy :) Sound like good books, something I will like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the covers! HOT! Great picks.

    Check out My WoW

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. New titles for me, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of Isabel Cooper's books, but I've heard great things. The summary of this one is really intriguing...love dragons! Love your picks this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!