Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #42




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!




Here are my picks for the week:
 
 
When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears (The Goblin Wars, #3)
 
Summary:
 
“People will die.”

Locked doors are opening, and uncanny creatures are tumbling through mysterious portals from Mag Mell, the world-between-worlds, into the streets of Chicago. The Dark Man has marked Aiden with a new song that’s scared him badly, and a frightening new group of sĂ­dhe is lurking nearby.


Teagan knows this is war, and she must protect her family. She leaves her flesh and bones behind to join Finn in hunting the evil beings across the city. Meanwhile, their relationship is heating up—almost faster than they can control. But he is still bound to fight goblins his entire life . . . and by blood she is one of them now.


Then the gateway to Mag Mell cracks open again, and the Wylltsons find themselves caught in a trap. As her loved ones begin to die, Teagan realizes that she must destroy the Dark Man and his minions once and for all in order to save those who remain . . .

. . . before it is too late.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 400 pages
Expected Publication Date: June 4th 2013 by Clarion Books
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I loved the first two novels in Kiersten Hamilton's Goblin Wars series and I cannot wait to see how this book turns out. The only downside is we have to wait until June!
 
Between Two Thorns
 
Summary:
 
Something is wrong in Aquae Sulis, Bath’s secret mirror city.
The new season is starting and the Master of Ceremonies is missing. Max, an Arbiter of the Split Worlds Treaty, is assigned with the task of finding him with no one to help but a dislocated soul and a mad sorcerer.

There is a witness but his memories have been bound by magical chains only the enemy can break. A rebellious woman trying to escape her family may prove to be the ally Max needs.

But can she be trusted? And why does she want to give up eternal youth and the life of privilege she’s been born into?
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: N/A
Expected Publication Date: February 26th 2013 by Angry Robot
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I LOVE the cover for this one. I'm very fond of books with covers like this and while the book's summary isn't very telling it sounds good enough for me to want to give it a try!
 
Now, what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

 
 

12 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of the Goblin Wars series before but it looks interesting! I also love the cover of the second one. I like simple ones!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Goblin Wars series sounds vaguely familer so I'll have to check it out. I love the cover of Between Two Thorns! I thought about requesting it on netgalley, but I wasn't sure what to expect from the summary.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these sound good. Will have to check them out further on Goodreads. Beautiful covers though.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between Two Thorns does sound really good. And I love the cover as well!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both sound interesting, but The Goblin Wars definitely goes on my watch list.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. These both look good...haven't read either series, but I'm tempted.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks. "People will die." Oh, yeah. I need to read that one for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both sound captivating, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard about either one of those and I don't know if I'll be reading any of them but I hope you enjoy reading it. Great picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I haven't seen either of these. They sounds great.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a copy on Netgalley from Between two thorns :D I love these designs!

    WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!