Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, December 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #17

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
 
Since the lovely ladies at The Broke and The Bookish have given us a Freebie topic for this week's Top 10 Tuesday post due to the holidays so we're free to choose our own topic! My Top 10 Tuesday list is:
 
Top 10 Books I wish Mr. Turning the Pages would read:
 
If you aren't familiar with who Mr. Turning the Pages is he's my better half, number one fan and the man behind the giveaways you see on the blog. He's kinda awesome like that but he even admits he needs to read more so these are the Top 10 I wish he'd read in 2013!
 
On a side not, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
 
1.
 
 Harry Potter Boxset (Harry Potter, #1-7)
The ENTIRE Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling! This is by far my favourite series and I think everyone needs to read it.
 
2.
 
 The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1) 
I absolutely love this book and I wish he would read the whole series with me. The first 5 books would be re-reads for me but #6 would be one I'd be reading for the first time.
 
3.
 
The Mysterious Island
Jules Verne's The Mysterious Island I still remember the day Mr. Turning the Pages bought this one for me, we had just started dating and he was learning just how much of a bookworm I am. This is one of my favourites and I think it'd be a nice adventurous read to get him into the classics.
 
4.
 
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth had to be on this list. This book is one of my yearly re-reads and I love it more and more each time. Mr. Turning the Pages and I love the 1959 film version of this book and I think it's high time he reads the story behind the movie.
 
5.
 
Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela
Another of the books that Mr. Turning the Pages bought me early on in our relationship and it is my favourite non-fiction book. I'm not big into non-fiction but I'm getting into it more and more. This book was by far one of the most inspirational books I've ever read if not the number one inspirational book that I've ever read. I have a great respect for Nelson Mandela and I hope one day Mr. Turning the Pages gives this one a try.
 
6.
 
 The Terror
I read this one last year and loved it. It was a great mixture of historical fiction and horror. I'm the history buff and Mr. Turning the Pages loves horror novels so I think this one would appeal to him a lot. It's almost 1,000 pages long but I think he could finish it sooner than he thinks he could.
 
7.
 
 Dinosaur Jazz (The Jurassic Club, #1)
This book took me completely by surprise! I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was and since Mr. Turning the Pages enjoys dinosaurs and books that are like the Indiana Jones movies and this is like a mixture of the two. I loved it and know he would to.
 
8.
 
The Shadowkiller
I read this one in January of this year and since both Mr. Turning the Pages and I like Big Foot I think this would be the perfect read for him.
 
9.
 
 Outlander
I know, I know this is more of the sort of book a woman would enjoy but it's one of my favourites and I wish he would give it a try.
 
10.
 
 Sh*t My Dad Says
This book was HILARIOUS! Mr. Turning the Pages read a bit of this when I borrowed it a few years ago and thought it was a hoot. Hopefullty he get's a chance to pick this one up again soon.
 
Well, that's my Top 10 Tuesday list of the week! What's yours?
 

11 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a cute Top Ten idea!! I love it! And wait a sec...HE HASN'T READ HARRY POTTER!?!? I whole-heartedly agree you need to get him to read this...immediately! Happy holidays! Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-Your graphic at the top is one of the coolest things I have ever seen! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to make him read Harry Potter! I... uh... haven't read anything else on your list...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband wouldn't read Harry Potter so I read them all out loud to him! My voice was gone a lot of the time but it was worth it. :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice picks I hope Mr. Turning the Pages will be good and read at least some of them in 2013. :)
    My husband is so spoiled, he does not have much time to read so he reads only my 5-star books. And since we have same tastes that works perfectly for him. He does not have to read bad book ever. :D

    Happy holidays!
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Special Guest Post by Marion Croslydon: Top Ten Heroes I’d Like To Kiss Under The Mistletoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Top Ten idea! I hope you can get him to read some of them. Happy Holidays!
    Carson @ Reader with Voice

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list. Think he'll read any of your suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a lot of reading. I better get cracking. Shadow killer sounds interest to start

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Visit Web
    Developer.jabra.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! This truly is a Great list of top ten!!
    Love it and also Thanks for sharing this post!!
    Read more here signs that a girl likes you

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!