Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Sunday Post 9th Edition




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

 
Hi Folks! I hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a lovely one and I can't wait to see your bookish hauls! We're coming up on another major holiday and will be bringing in the new year. I can't believe 2013 is almost here and I want to wish you all the best in the new year and to say I'm grateful for each and everyone of you for supporting Turning the Pages and for being such amazing followers and fellow bloggers. I've met a lot of wonderful new people spanning the world over and I hope all of you have a great New Year. Mr. Turning the Pages and I will probably be staying in this year to watch movies but I'd love to know your plans to ring in the new year so share them in the comments below.
Have a Safe & Happy New Year!
 
-Kimberly
 &
Mr. Turning the Pages

 
Last week on the Turning the Pages:
 
 
Holiday Observance: Merry Christmas!
 
Next On Turning The Pages
 
Meme: It's Monday! What Are You Reading #36
Meme: Top Ten Tuesday #18
Meme: Waiting On Wednesday #44
Review: I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern
Review: Sphinx's Princess by Esther M. Friesner
Review: Dead in the Water by Dana Stabenow
Review: Deep Storm by Lincoln Child
Review: The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton
 
*Shedule subject to change :)
 
The Book Haul:
From Publishers/Authors:
 
The Mist on Bronte Moor
 
From NetGalley:
 
The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1)
 
Kindle Freebies:
 
Short-Straw Bride King of Swords Thoroughbreds and Trailer Trash Reinventing Rachel: A Novel
Sweet Surrender Amelia's Story The Lost Journal The Sweetest Revenge
Moosed Up  (Wild Men of Alaska, #2) Knockout! A Passionate Police Romance The Secret Diary of Alice in Wonderland, Age 42 and Three-Quarters  The Assassins' Village
 
From the Library:
 
Divergent (Divergent, #1) Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings, #2) The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy, #1) The Legend of Broken Sphinx's Princess (Sphinx's Princess, #1) The Ice Limit Awaken the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #1) Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)
Enchanted (Woodcutter Series, #1) Darker Still (Magic Most Foul, #1) Ruined (Ruined, #1) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) A Temptation of Angels
 
From:
 
 
Plus some awesome postcards from
http://virginiebarbeau.wordpress.com/ AKA The Book Drunkard Thanks for being my Blogger Secret Santa! I love my gifts!!
 
From My Online Book Club's Secret Santa I got:
 
 
Thanks Becky!
 
From Mr. Turning the Pages:
 
 

26 comments:

  1. What a lovely haul! This really makes me want to go to the library, wow! I really enjoyed Daughter of Smoke and Bone, as well as Divergent. Mist on Bronte Moor sounds fantastic! I'll to add that one to my list to buy/borrow.
    Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! (Or at least the ones appropriate for my age, hehe) I loved Divergent and The Paladin Prophecy but I'm jelly that you have Temptation of Angels because I love Michelle Zink's work (even though I need to finish her trilogy first, lol).
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on Bookwyrming Thoughts's Sunday Post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- that's an amazing book haul! I love the sound of Mist on Bronte Moor, I'm seeing it around on a lot of blogs this week.
    Also, Daughter of Smoke and Bone was my absolute favourite book last year- hope you enjoy it.
    Happy New Year!
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a book haul - you are going to be busy! I am off to Amazon to see if some of those freebies are still freebies - they look awesome.

    Hope you have a wonderful New Year celebration - I am hoping ours will be quiet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you got so many books! Awesome haul! Divergent is awesome. I hope you enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, so many books. I hope you love Divergent and Daughter of Smoke and Bone as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is an amazing haul. I had The Mist on Bronte Moor as my WoW pick last week. It sounds solo good. Enjoy your haul. For New Yeats Eve, we will be staying at home with the kids watching movies until we can't stay awake anymore.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sundays Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Divergent! That book is awesome! And that's so fun that you did a secret santa! I had no idea there was one going on. I'll have to keep that in mind for next year! Hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Divergent and Daughter of Smoke and Bone...both really really good. Great haul!

    Check out my SP.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy book hauls and you picked up some hot covers, and awesome reads from the library! I am glad you had a lovely holiday with Mr. Turning the Pages. The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, awesome book haul this week! I love the guild hunters series by Nalini Singh, enjoy and happy new year! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what great books you received this week! Divergent and Daughter of Smoke and Bone are both fabulous, and I've heard good things about Sweetly. The Mist on Bronte Moor and Spinx's Princess also look great. Happy reading and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought Divergent last night! I can't wait to read it, it looks so good :) You have so many great books! Enjoy!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/showcase-sunday-24-christmas-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got a lot of great books to read this week, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, one of the big perks of blogging is the people that we meet. I appreciate all of them too.
    I loved Divergent and hope that you enjoy it. I want to read Darker Still. Wonderful list of books this week with some great freebies. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you got so many books! I'm looking forward to your review of I Suck at Girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really rocked the book haul this week! I may have to add a few to my TBR list! Enjoy and I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yippee!! I'm so glad your Secret Santa gift arrived! I hope it wasn't too late. Enjoy!!

    Martina @ Book Drunkard

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enchanted!! I have been wanting to read it since forever.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.

    Click Here
    Docker.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    Website
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new nitiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!

    Spin BET
    Pro Betting

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything is very open with a precise description of the issues. It was really informative. Your website is extremely helpful. Many thanks for sharing!

    Voyager
    Simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  24. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    Members.ancient-origins.net
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  25. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    Forums.prosportsdaily.com
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!