Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2013 Mystery/Crime Reading Challenge


 

This challenge is being hosted by Amy from The Crafty Book Nerd!

Here are the details copied from Amy's blog:
 
2013 Mystery/Crime Reading Challenge



The challenge starts January 1, 2013 and ends December 31, 2013.

You can read any novel, short story or author just so that the genre is mystery/crime.

  1 novel counts as 1 novel( 1 novel is anything over 100 pages) of course but you will have to read 5 short stories to count as 1 novel.

There will be a monthly post for you to add a link or links to your post showing the progress that you have made so far.

  Each month there will be a drawing for those that linked up their participation in the challenge for that month the prize is a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble.


If you don't have a blog you can also link up through GoodReads or Flickr (for Flickr just keep track by having a picture of the novel and then numbering them in the description so I know where you are at in the challenge).

If you read a certain number of novels you receive a rank at the end I will award a secret prize to the person who reads the most books:

5 books= Detective

10 books = Sergeant

15 books = Lieutenant

20 books = Captain

25 books = Chief

30+ books = Sherlock Holmes
 
For this challenge I think I'm going to go for 10 books but I may increase this as the year goes on.
 
Have you signed up for this challenge? If you did how many books are you planning to read? If not, what are you waiting for?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly,
    Thanks for posting about the book challenge I'm hosting I really appreciate it. I am so glad that you are reading along with us!
    Amy Yingling
    The Crafty Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Click Here
    Wiki-lerma.obspm.fr

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!